Georgia Heart Program
Help improve health care in our community through Georgia's new tax credit opportunity!
Dodge County Hospital is excited to be partnering with the Georgia HEART Hospital Program to implement this exciting new rural hospital tax credit.
Through this program, Georgia taxpayers can receive a state income tax CREDIT for 90% of the amount they contribute to qualified rural hospital organizations such as Dodge County Hospital (up to the limits set forth below).
Taxpayers who itemize deductions on their federal income tax returns will be able to take a charitable income tax deduction for the entire amount of their contributions.
How much can I contribute for a tax credit?
If you pay Georgia income taxes, you are eligible to receive a tax credit for contributing to Dodge County Hospital as follows:
Married Filing Jointly - 90% of the amount contributed or $10,000, whichever is less
Must contribute $11,111 to receive full $10,000 tax credit
Individual Filer - 90% of the amount contributed or $5,000 per tax year, whichever is less
Must contribute $5,556 to receive full $5,000 tax credit
C-Corporation or Trust - 90% of the amount contributed or 75% of your Georgia income tax liability, whichever is less
How do I sign up to contribute?
1) Complete and submit your 2017 HEART Tax Credit Form Here or mail a completed copy of the form to Georgia HEART at:
3740 Davinci Court, Suite 375, Peachtree Corners, Georgia 30092.
2) Georgia HEART will submit your tax credit pre-approval form on your behalf to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR).
3) Within 60 days of receiving DOR tax credit pre-approval, send a check made payable to Dodge County Hospital to Georgia HEART for deposit to the hospital's account.
4) Georgia HEART will send you confirmation of your contribution and instruct you on how to submit a copy to the DOR.
5) Georgia HEART will send you a tax receipt and filing instructions for 2017 tax filing purposes.
Your contribution will increase our hospital funding and our ability to provide for the health care of individuals in our community!
For information about the rural hospital organization expense tax credit, please visit the Georgia HEART visit the Georgia HEART website at www.georgiaheart.org or contact Georgia HEART staff at email@example.com.